Learn how to use Claret App and easily manage sales records. We show you step-by-step instructions on reviewing, adding, updating and deleting your sales records in this guide.
Within Claret, we store all sales data in one table called Sales. We identify the different types of sales data by something called Sale Types. So, history, budget, forecasts, open sales orders, etc. are all stored together in this table and are differentiated by their type. In this guide we'll walk through reviewing the data, adding new sales records, updating existing sales records and deleting sales records.
- 1.Go to the navigation sidebar.
- 2.Click on "Settings" menu item.
- 3.Click on "Transactional Data" menu item.
- 4.Click on "Sales".
- 1.Choose a Sale Type from the Sale Type dropdown. This will show you all the sales data for the chosen Sale Type.
Select a Sale Type, this will then display the Sales data for that Sale Type
Table showing Sales data based on Sale Type chosen
On the Sales page, you will notice the following pieces of data that make up a Sale row:
- Item along with the Item Description
- Customer Group along with the Customer Group Description
- The Sell Date and the Timing Interval it represents
- Quantity of the sale.
- 1.Go to the "Options" button (the ellipses) in the top-right of the page and click on it.
- 2.Click on "Add".
- 3.In the tray that shows on the right side of the page, choose the "Item" for the Sale.
- 4.Then choose the "Customer Group" for this new Sale record.
- 5.Choose a "Sell Date" that this Sale represents. 👉 Be sure to choose a date that is going to represent the start of the "Timing Interval" that you'll be choosing next.
- 6.Type in the "Quantity" of the Sale.
- 7.Click on the "Save" button.
In most cases when you're building a plan you'll be planning in months. Although we provide many Timing Intervals, you'll most likely choose "month". In some cases, you may choose "week".
Adding a new Sale record
- 1.Click on the pencil icon next to the record you want to edit.
- 2.This will present the tray where you can update the "Sell Date", "Timing Interval" or the "Quantity"
- 3.Click on the "Save" button.
Updating an existing Sale record in the tray
- 1.Click on one or more checkboxes on the left-hand side of the Sale records.
- 2.Go to the "Options" button (the ellipses) in the top-right of the page and click on it.
- 3.Choose "Delete selected".
- 4.There will be a confirmation window that shows up. If you indeed want to delete the selected record(s), then click "OK".
Delete confirmation window