Maximize flexibility and control in managing your customers with the Claret App. This guide provides instructions on creating and organizing your Customer Groups within the Customer Group Hierarchy.
What we will do in this guide is walk you through how you would create a set of Customer Groups that represent different levels in your Customer Group hierarchy. Once you go through these steps, you'll be able to add new Customer Groups at any level, make updates and remove Customer Groups.
Based on the below Customer Group Hierarchy levels, we'll create a Customer Group hierarchy for our fictitous company, "ZymOeno".
Here's the hierarchy that we'll build out
- Palm Tree Distribution
- Sol Family Distributors
- Rubix, Inc.
- Chi-town Distribution
- Lakeside, Co.
- Elevated Wine and Spirits
- New York
- Broadway Wholesalers
- I ❤️ NY Distribution, Co.
- Satriale's Beer & Wine
- Greater AZ Wholesalers
- Trust Inoculum Wine & Beer
- Left Coast Distributor, Inc
- Los Surf Wine Merchants
- To the Bay Wine Sellers
- SRV Beer & Wine, Inc.
- Big Distributors
- Alamo Wholesalers
- 1.Go to the navigation sidebar.
- 2.Click on "Settings" menu item.
- 3.Click on "Master Data" menu item.
- 4.Click on "Customer Groups".
When you're first building out your hierarchy, it will make things a little easier if you start with the topmost levels of your hierarchy. That's why we are starting with the "Division" level we created in our Customer Group Hierarchy. You can start at any level and move things around, but this is just a tip.
- 1.Go to the "Options" button in the top-right of the page and click on it.
- 2.Click on "Add unassigned Customer Group".
- 3.A tray will slide in from the right. This is where you'll be adding the details about the customer group.
- 4.Enter the "Name" of your customer group.
- 5.Enter the "Description" of your customer group.
- 6.Click on "Save changes" button.
- 7.Next to the word "Assigned", you'll notice a link to view "Unassigned".
- 8.The 'Unassigned' section of the screen will now appear and your newly created customer group will be visible.
You will see some default customer groups in your hierarchy. These are created as placeholders when you first create the hierarchy. You can either delete them when you have some of your actual customer groups created or edit them to include in your setup.
- 1.Drag the newly created Customer Group from the "Unassigned" section to the "Assigned" section. Drop it on the row that has "Customer Groups" spelled out.
- 2.You'll notice that it is assigned to the "Division" level, which is the topmost level that we created in the Customer Group Hierarchy.
You can continue to create new customer groups as we did above. Or, you can create them from the perspective of the customer group you just created. Let's create another "Division" customer group.
- 1.Click on the ellipsis button to the left of the newly created and assigned customer group.
- 2.Click on the "Add another Division"
- 3.This will show the tray again and this is where you can create this new customer group.
- 4.By doing it this way, you are creating the customer group and assigning it at once.
Let's add a child customer group under the "East" division we created.
- 1.Click on the ellipsis button to the left of the newly created and assigned division.
- 2.Click on the "Add State under this Division".
- 3.Create the customer group by entering in the "Name" and the "Description".
Now we have a couple of levels of our Customer Groups hierarchy built out. We can continue with these steps to build out the rest of the Customer Groups.
Customer Groups can also be re-ordered and moved around the hierarchy using the drag and drop feature.