Item @ Customer Groups
Learn how to manage the Item @ Customer Group master data, from setting up individual records to adding multiple combinations and safely deleting them as needed.
The Item @ Customer Group master data is one of the core foundations for the various modules within Claret that is related to showing any type of sales data. This allows you to represent the lowest-level Item being sold at the lowest-level Customer Group. For instance, say we sell the ZAM Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 12 x 750ml item at the SRV Beer & Wine, Inc. customer group. We need to put these two pieces of master data together in Claret before we can forecast them or show their history or bring in their open sales orders. In this guide, we will walk through just how to do that and much more.
- 1.Go to the navigation sidebar.
- 2.Click on "Settings" menu item.
- 3.Click on "Master Data" menu item.
- 4.Click on "Item @ Customer Groups".
- 1.Go to the "Options" button (the ellipses) in the top-right of the page and click on it.
- 2.Click on "Add".
- 3.You'll be presented with a form that will help you create Item @ Customer Groups. For now, let's create one.
- 4.In the "Items" section, pick a lowest-level Item by revealing/expanding the various levels in the Item hierarchy and then clicking the checkbox of the Item to add.
- 5.Similarly, in the "Customer Groups" section, pick a lowest-level Customer Group by revealing the various levels in the Customer Group hierarchy and then clicking the checkbox of the Customer Group to add.
- 6.Click on the "Add" button.
One Item selected and on Customer Group selected
After adding one Item @ Customer Group
Creating these Item @ Customer Groups can take some time if you have a lot of combinations to create one by one. We have a way to create many Item @ Customer Groups at once.
- 1.Go to the "Options" button in the top-right of the page and click on it.
- 2.Click on "Add".
- 3.You'll be presented with a form that will help you create Item @ Customer Groups.
- 4.To select many Items at once, you simply click on the checkbox at a parent level. You'll see total lowest-level items selected as you check or uncheck the different levels.
- 5.Similarly, you can select many Customer Groups by clicking on one or more checkboxes next to a hierarchy level in the Customer Groups section.
- 6.Once you have the set of lowest-level Items selected and the set of lowest-level Customer Groups selected, click on the "Add" button.
After adding multiple Items and Customer Groups at once
Because the Item @ Customer Groups is a foundational piece of data, if you delete them, any sales data related to them will also be removed. Remember that the sales data exists in Claret because of Item @ Customer Groups.
- 1.Click on the checkbox for each row that you want to delete.
- 2.Go to the "Options" button in the top-right of the page and click on it. Click on "Delete selected".